1. HISTORY OF THE DEPARTMENT:
Department of psychiatry was started in the year 2012.
To improve access to and quality of psychiatric services. To improve research into all aspects of mental illness, including causes, prevention, and treatment of psychiatric disorders. To improve psychiatric education and training. To promote optimal conditions for practice and career satisfaction.
- Test Establish the highest standards of evidence-based care for psychiatric disorders and rehabilitation
- Develop expertise and set standards of care for diseases of public health relevance in the developing world
- Human resource capacity building by training in diverse fields related to Mental Health and Neurosciences.
- Strive to enhance equitable accessibility of primary care in Mental Health Disorders to all sections of society and ages including the vulnerable population.
- Evolve and monitor the strategies for disaster management and psycho-social rehabilitation in different cultural and ethnic groups.
- Promote Mental Health literacy and eliminate the stigma attached to the Mental Illnesses
- Integrate allopathic and yoga into health care delivery and promote evidence-based research.
- Integrate physical and metaphysical aspects of Neuroscience research to promote yoga and its application to positive mental health.
- Assist people with mental illness in leading more productive and autonomous lifestyles, and to promote mental health through service, advocacy, and education.
- Use of pharmacological regimens, including the concurrent use of medications and psychotherapy
- Understanding the indications and uses of electroconvulsive therapy
- Individual supportive, psychodynamic and cognitive-behavioral psychotherapies (both long-term and brief therapy), in addition to exposure to family, couples, group and other evidence-based psychotherapies
- Psychiatric consultation to in a variety of medical and surgical settings
- Providing care and treatment for the chronically mentally ill with appropriate psychopharmacologic, psychotherapeutic and psycho-social rehabilitation interventions
- Participating in psychiatric administration to include leadership of interdisciplinary teams and a supervised experience in utilization review, quality assurance and performance improvement
- Providing psychiatric treatment while collaborating and coordinating treatment with non-medical therapists
- Recognizing and appropriately responding to family violence (child, partner and elderly physical, emotional and sexual abuse and neglect) and its effect on both victims and perpetrators
- Services will be based on sound therapeutic knowledge and individualized to the specific needs and desires of the patient and their families.
5. DETAILS OF HEADS OF DEPARTMENT:
Dr.Vinay [in charge HOD] (2013 – 2014)
Dr.Swapna bondade [In charge HOD] (2014- present)
6. Contact information:
Mail: Ph no:
- Associate professor: Dr.Swapna bondade
- Assistant professor: Dr.Raghul raj .P
- Psychologist: Kavitha
- OPD rooms,
- Counseling rooms,
- In patient ward,
- Duty rooms,
- ECT room,
- Biofeedback room.
- Outpatient Department
- In patient Department
- Biofeedback Machine
- Psychological Testing
Alcohol breath analyzer
PSYCHOLOGICAL TEST EQUIPMENT:
- Projective Test (Rorschach test/T.A.T
Thematic Apperception Test)
- Intelligence Test (Binet Kamat intelligence test)
(Bhatia intelligence battery)
- Personality Test (IPDE– International personality disorder examination)
Around 20 publications,
1. Intimate partner violence & Psychiatric co morbidity in pregnant women,
2. Intimate partner violence & Psychiatric co morbidity in STI women,
3. CRP, NLR in Depression
4. Use of Ketamine infusion in depression.